Wednesday 6 July 2011

So much fun trying something new


hi everyone,

it's been over a week since I last posted, life has been busy and stressful. My dad is currently in hospital so I have been spending lots of time at the hospital and with my mum. I hope my dad will be better soon, it's hard seeing him like this. Anyway, my dad is pretty tough so I am sure he will get through. I had to make a card to get my mind of things and destress. It's a very simple card but I am happy with the way it turned out.

I made this card following an online tutorial which I can't find anymore. I really enjoy taking part in the 
the CARDS challenges and try to enter every other week. I always enjoy looking at the variety of work Paige includes in the gallery and the challenges are always so different and certainly get us crafters out of our comfort zones. The challenge this week is to include accordian flowers on a card, at first it was hard getting the shape and size right but after some trial and error I got there. I will have a go at making these flowers again in different sizes, I want to try having a scalloped edge to the flowers next time.

The Challenges I have included-
Anything goes in the link up party-Make it Monday
Favourite technique-Pals Paper Arts. One of my favourite techniques is to draw simple designs on my cards to add a personal touch. On this card I have drawn on the stems with leaves.

Hope all my American friends had a nice 4th of July and did something enjoyable to celebrate this special day. I can't believe that its already been three years since I visited America, I postponed my stay to leave back for Sydney on the evening of the 4th.

Whilst you are here I would love it if you enter my blogging is for sharing giveaway. I am sure all you lovely people have something you would like to share.

This card was chosen to be part of the CARDS challenge gallery

16 comments:

Bethany said...

Very, very cute!

I LOVE those folded paper flowers as well... I'm an addict!

Great card. :)

Rhonda Miller said...

I just love this card. Those flowers are great.

Priyanka Bokdia said...

firstly, i pray to god to improve and make your dad's health in a good condition soon, and don't worry girl he will be soon well.
As always i love this polka dot green cardstock.. he he
this card is so beautiful and the blooms looks so nice and cheerful. the color combo of pink green looks classy.. loved the outcome.. thanks for sharing the link i shall try soon to make it.

Emily Keaton said...

What a totally cute card! I love those fun accordion paper flowers. I just can't seem to get the hang of those. I hope your dad is feeling better soon!!

Juls said...

this is a really fun card! Hugs Juls

Sandy said...

Hi Susan sorry to hear about your dad, but the card you made to destress is lovely, Fresh spring colours and the flowers are gorgeous, Good luck in the Make it Monday Challenge,
Sandy

Chrissy said...

Wonderful card, love the flowers they are so lovely.


Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Shannah said...

What a pretty card! I'm glad I came over from Make it Monday for a closer look!
I hope your Dad is well again soon!

Dr Sonia S V said...

the fan folded flowers look so good and your card is a beauty
Thank You for dropping by my blog and becoming a follower.

Carla said...

Oh your card is just adorable. I love your flowers and how you drew on the stems and leaves. Thanks for playing at the PPA. Hugs,

Leanne said...

Beautiful! Love the colors.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love the card you made for the challenge!

Kerrie said...

Oh so cute.... love the flowers.

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Sonia said...

Totally Gorgeous! love it!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Greetings from Puerto Rico

Moonie said...

Hi there Susan.. thanks for dropping in by my blog.. i have been waiting for us to connect... I am hoping to see Yvonne and Steve next month.. Your blog is also very gorgeous. you do lovely cards.. I have made cards over the past 5 years from time to time but a couple of months ago decided to use up some of my lovely gorgeous scraps.. and waa laa... I am loving what I am doing. I will be watching your blog from now on.. so thanks xxx Hope your Dad is getting better.. Not nice seeing them sick is it. I lost my Dad 5 years ago suddenly. Still cannot scrap a page on him x

Erum Tasneem said...

This is sooooo adorableeee!! LOVE!!!