Saturday 4 July 2009

Saturday afternoon scrapping



This is the LO I did following the sketch posted for the guest design team position for August over at back porch memories. I atlast got to scrapbook one photo for the wedding album I am doing for my friends Ken & Katrina, I have about 50 more pages to go, I will get there eventually. I changed the photo to black and white so that I could use bright un- traditional wedding colours on this LO.


http://http://www.backporchmemories.com/gallery2




This is my altered notebook that I did using the SPCC colour combo for this week. With the notebook I wanted to keep the pattern of the basic notebook so didn't cover the notebook completely. So that the white squares were still visible I only added "Daisy and vine glitter,American traditional Designs' rubons. I also added the rub-ons as a border at the front of the notebook. I really enjoyed working with this colour scheme. It reminded me of summer in our cold Sydney winter. http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com/. Although my husband will never admit it he is having fun playing around with my blog. His latest thing was to make this photo rotate, I think it looks great and is the perfect way to display an altered item, I wonder what he will want to do next ?

13 comments:

Joan said...

I really like all your layouts and the cool altered journal!!
Congrats on the guest design team position.

Stacy Milford said...

What a great altered project! Love it! & you rocked the color combo! Happy 4th!!!

Sammye Jo said...

Such a cute journal!

Craftastic Life said...

Both you Lo and Notebook came out fantastic. I love how you kept the main notebook and not covering it completely.

Susan said...

Your LO and the journal are delightful!

Sue Plumb said...

Lovin' your work! That wedding LO is gorgeous! I've become an official friend (follower) now, so I don't miss any of your creations.
:-)

Sheree said...

Beautiful layout and the altered notebook looks great!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog... it was so lovely to hear from you!!!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
Sheree xx

heidi said...

Wow! Your work is beautiful! Glad you came by my blog so I could "meet" you. I love the way you animated your journal pics. That's super cool...is it hard to do?

Terria said...

I love the layout it that chipboard you used for your swirls and flowers I love the color,and your notebook turn out great with these colors excellent work!!

Julie said...

The journal is very nice! The colors are perfect on it

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

I love the quote on your LO. Your altered journal is darling.

thescrapmaster said...

LOVE your book and your first LO on the post was awesome as well. I have that patterned paper I am pretty sure. You make it look so good :O)
Hugs,
Samantha
SP Color Combos Creator
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

Congrats on winning the top 5 on the the past week's color challenge at SPCC! Great job on the altered book, and your lo was awesome too!