Saturday 3 May 2014

One of those weeks I feel like smashing our computer



Ok, I am going to rant for a little while, our internet system sux (I don't think this is too bad a swear word). I have been trying to post all week without any success,  it has taken me about half an hour today to get this far with my post and let me just say it's getting to me, I know this is such a first world problem but I just had to rant. 

For the month of May I am challenging myself to start using my patterned papers on my cards. Like lots of us I have hundreds of papers that are so gorgeous and deserve to have pride of place on my cards. For this card I followed the sketch at Retro Sketches. I have been asked to make more wedding cards for the shop that I sell my cards at and so far I have done four versions of this card so thank you Retro Sketches for the inspiration to come up with this card design which can be adapted in so many ways.

For this card the sketch was printed on the base stock and then the same sized rectangles were printed out on the three different papers I have used on this card. I have to make  things easy for myself when working on multiples of cards ie I find it helpful to know exactly where to place the papers. I also printed the word Congratulations on the green patterned paper, I chose this pattern for the sentiment as this paper had the least design on it and it's easy to see the word on this paper. The image of the birds is a digital image I have had for sometime, I can't find the details at the moment but will update later on if found. I fussy cut the birds and stuck them onto the card with self-adhesive dimensional foam. The "I do" wooden embellishment is from the Something Blue range by Prima. 

Craftyhazelnut's patterned paper challenge-Use of patterned paper
Retro Sketches-Sketch #112
Word Art Wednesday-Anything goes
Through the craft room door-Anything goes

7 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous card, Susan! Love the birds and the layout. Hope you get your internet problems worked out - very frustrating!

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Beautiful card. I'm a bit confused, I've been looking for the winner of your give away posting but can't seem to find it anywhere.
Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Desire Fourie said...

A gorgeous mix of design papers and the birdies are so cute.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Karon said...

Fabulous card - love the sketch and what great papers and embellishments. Computers eh - can't live with them, can't live without them :-)

Hazel said...

A very different type of card form you. I'm not used to seeing so many backing papers. It looks good though. Hazel x

Unknown said...

awww.. this is sweet

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for May - hope to see you again soon. x