Monday 13 February 2012

Taking a challenge literally



I took the challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays literally. I thought that the name of the challenge was pretty cool and all I could think about when I saw it was jigsaw pieces. I have absolutely no jigsaw digital stamps etc so at first didn't know how I was going to put my card together. After a google search I then came across a free jigsaw template which I printed and cut out three random pieces that I traced on different patterned papers, I cut out the patterned pieces and outlined with a black artliner. I overlapped the pieces and then stuck to the card with self adhesive dimensional foam. I have printed the sentiment directly onto the white cardstock. I am happy with the way this card turned out and think it's a great design to use up patterned paper.

It's pretty late in Sydney so won't carry on to much in this post. Hope everyone has had a great weekend and wishing everyone a great week as well.

The Challenges I have included-
Paper piecing-CAS-ual Fridays
Patterned paper-Lily pad

11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just beautiful and such an apt sentiment for the jigsaw pieces.
Hugs
Desire

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, I love this. The puzzle pieces are a great touch. TFS.

Michele Gross said...

Fabulous job with the challenge and I love the fun creation you came up with :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Martha said...

This is so pretty!! Love this card!!
Hugs,
Martha

Jenny said...

what a brilliant idea and such a fun way to use PP on such chunky shapes :0)
Jenny x

Leanne said...

Wow! Fabulous! I love this idea.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Perfect - love the literal interpretation. Thank you for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Anonymous said...

This is so clever! I love it :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

I love this card.
I'm wondering what stamp set you used.
It would be good for friends of mine who's children have Autism and I'd like to find it.

Blessings,
Emily

kReN said...

Great idea! Love the papers used and yet the card is simple and so effective.

kReN said...

I love this card. Can you tell me what that font it? I am on a font hunt! kren dot kurts at gmail dot com