Monday 14 February 2011

A tricky colour combo

I just loved this colour combo when I came across it but have to admit found it very tricky to work with due to the varying shades of pink. I challenged myself to use my old stash in this card and was happy to be able to use the chipboard flowers that I painted white and different shades of pink. The patterned paper at the base is from packaging, love it when I am able to recycle something that would normally be thrown out.

The challenges I have included-
Mami Doodles-Flower card.
Phindy's place challenge-Spring is on the way.
Little Claire's Designs-Anything goes.


It has been a fantastic few days. As you may already know I love my music and even if it means starving I will spend my last cent on a good concert. On Thursday Randolph and I went to watch De la Soul, its our second time seeing them and they put on an unforgetable show for all us hip hop fans, its so great that I am still able to listen to them now just as I used to when I was a teenager. Yesterday we went to Good Vibrations which is a yearly summer festival in Sydney, haven't been for many years so it was great to be able to attend. At the festival we watched many amazing performers, Damien Marley and Erykah Badu were my favorite. Can't believe what a fantastic show they put on. I pushed my way to the very front of the crowd and stood there for about seven hours, I wasn't going to loose my spot no matter what and believe me it was worth it.  I got some really good photos for a change.

I hope everyone has a lovely Valentines Day, spread the love around and celebrate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Gorgeous shades of pink and the chipboard flowers are to die for!
Thank You for joining us at Mami Doodles and good luck in the draw

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at Mami Doodles. :)

Carol S. said...

Love your card! Thanks for joining us at Little Claire for our first challenge. Carol S. LCDT xx

Anne-Marije said...

You've made a wonderful card with the Spring theme!
Thanks for joining us at the Phindy's Place challenge...
xxx Anne-Marije

Gaynor said...

Beautiful a work of art. Thank you for joining Little Claire in our first blog challenge. XXGaynor LCDT

Leanne said...

Great! You've been crafting & blogging. Keep it up. This card is extremely simple & sweet.