Friday 18 February 2011

A belated Valentines Day card





Hope everyone has had a good week so far, mine hasn't been too bad although very busy. I made this card last night as I had to somehow get into the Valentine's day spirit. Randolph and I have never been big on celebrating Valentine's day but we did manage to watch a movie Monday night which I thoroughly enjoyed. We watched 127 hours which was an absolutely amazing flick, not exactly romantic but certainly inspiring.


Anyway I love hearts and roses and wanted to combine them on my card in a simple and effective way. Although this card was simple to make in the end, I have to admit it took me ages to come up with the design but I am happy with the way it turned out in the end. The stems and leaves have been drawn on, the hearts have been punched out and attached to the card with self adhesive foam squares, the ribbon is maroon although it looks black in the photo and the bird has been cut out from patterned paper.

I have included the card in the following challenges-
Off the Wall Craftiness-Hearts or Vintage.
2 Sisters challenge blog-Hearts.
Polka Doodles-Thats Amore.
Stamp scrap and doodle Saturdays-Love is in the air.
Crafty Ann's challenge blog-Love is all around.
Delicious Doodles-Valentines Day.
The Crafty Calendar Challenge-Love.
The Stamp Man Challenge-Hearts.
Totally gorjuss-Love.
My time to craft-Hearts and flowers.

thanks so much for visiting my blog and I look forward to reading about what you think of my card.

This card was chosen as the winning card over at Polka Doodles for the "That's Amore' " challenge.

15 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

What an adorable card! I just love that bird, and the rose-covered hearts are just a super idea. :)

Shalini said...

such a pretty card... love it... love dat birdy specially....

Ann Whitfield said...

So lovely and unusual, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Audrey said...

What a beautiful caard. I love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Kat said...

Great card, love your design. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful entry for OTWC this week. I love the roses in the heart! Thanks for sharing and Good Luck!

Smita said...

Super cute card! I love those roses sitting on the hearts.

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is sooooooo pretty!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is so adorable. I just love how you clustered those flowers in the hearts and made the hearts into flowers. Thanks for playing along at OTWC.

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

oh wow this card is gorgeous! I love it , you did a wonderful job.Thanks for joining us over at PolkaDoodles.
Hugs Ashley

Janet said...

Such a lovely and artistic card! The roses within the hearts is very effective. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.

Janet xx

Tip Top said...

Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Claire said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Fliss said...

Really fab card here. Thanks for sharing it with us at Polka Doodles challenge this week and hope to see you again.
Good luck! x

BondGirl said...

beautiful card. Thanks for joining in the Polkadoodles Challenge