Thursday 3 February 2011

I don't think it could get any hotter in Sydney



Today is another unbelievably hot day in Sydney. For me we have had a mild summer but at the moment it's so hot and muggy. Lets hope the weather cools down soon, its just too much. I work for an electricity company and yesterday we got absolutely hammered at work, thousands of people lost electricity for over 12 hours, lets just say that it wasn't a nice day to loose electricity for that amount of time and people were naturally very unhappy about the situation. Its my day off today so hopefully when I get back to work tomorrow everything would have calmed down.

My friend has given me a project to make 10 cards for her in the next month or so this will make me make cards and blog regularly over the next month. She has left the designs completely upto me which is fantastic but also a bit daunting as I am hoping I make what she likes and needs.

I have been seeing bunting everywhere on cards over the last few months. I have managed to atlast find chipboard bunting which I was able to used on this card. I also used cloud paper which features in alot of my cards, to me it always adds to the theme of a happy and sunny day. I made this card using the sketch over at Card Patterns. I loved this sketch and just had to play along, its the first time I have worked with one of Card Patterns sketches and I am sure it won't be the last time.

Anyway, I am now off to have about my  50th cold drink and this evening I am atlast going to watch Black Swan which is Natalie Portman's new movie. I have heard great reviews about it, looking forward to watching the movie in airconditioned surroundings.

6 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

So cute! I love your bunting. :)

chris said...

oh bless you, it does sound awfully hot, I am not good with heat so can imagine how fed up with it you are.
your card is beautiful, love the bunting,
hugs chris xx

Lindsay said...

This is too cute! Thank you for joining us at Card Patterns!

Leanne said...

Hi!
I understand about power failures here. Didn't now it happens there too. Now it's a regular feature 3 times a day for an hour each, but longer in certain areas. Glad you'll be here often, but I won't. My new post will tell you why. Lovely card & happy crafting in Feb.
XXX Leanne

~amy~ said...

Way toooooo cute!! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!!!

Melissa said...

How much do I love the bunting!!!! So colorful! Thanks for checking up on me - I know my blog is extremely neglected! Today, precisely, I'm making six valentine swap cards - I randomly came upon a blog with a huge valentine swap. The deadline is tomorrow. Then I'm getting ready for my first class as a Stampin' Up'! demo at my school. I'm so looking forward to it and all its stamping goodness. Only 2 of the 11 actually have stamped before, so hopefully, we'll make a whole bunch of them paper-crafting addicts just like me!