Monday 31 January 2011

Ok, it's been a while




hi everyone,
yep, I know its been a long while since I last blogged, I am an extremely bad blogger but on the positive side one of my many goals this year is to become more regular with my crafting and blogging, I have to make it happen.

Hope all you lovely people had a lovely Christmas and New years, I can't believe how quickly it went. During the month of Jan there is the Sydney festival which I absolutely love, have managed to attend some fantastic free concerts that I have thoroughly enjoyed, sad that its all over now.

This is a card that I made following the challenge at The Play Date Cafe.The challenge is to use black and white with a splash of purple. I was going to make the dolls faces white but it blended into the background too much. To make the doll with the purple kimono stand out I stuck it to the cardstock with mounting squares.

Anyway, I am planning to blog at least once a week and I am hoping that the day is going to be Monday. If  I get to blog more often that would be fantastic but I am going to try for once a week at the moment and see how I go, better than not blogging at all.

13 comments:

CG said...

GORGEOUS! Truly beautiful.

Leanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanne said...

Hi!
Welcome back. Just thought of you today & was thinking that perhaps I should ask Marie about you. I hope U recd. my e-mails. Beautiful card. I hope you keep up to your resolution. Not that I'm any better. Sorry I'd made an error & so deleted the comment.

Sabina said...

Welcome back!!! What a pleasure to see this new post!!!

Christiana said...

This has such a sophistocated look about it! I love it!

chris said...

So pleased yo see you, and such a gorgeous card, very gorgeous. hugs chris xx

Emily Keaton said...

Welcome back! What a cute color splash card. I love the purple kimono!

LeroyLime said...

too stinkin' CUTE! Love the little China dolls.

Nigel said...

Brilliant. Cute and humorous at the same time :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, this is darling! LOVE how you've made your purple gal really pop! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in the Cafe!

Fiona said...

Such a cute card! Loving the little girls, and the special Lilac one :) Thanks for playing at the PDCC this week

Michele Gross said...

such a cute card! I love the fun patterns and those sweet dolls are adorable! Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOW CUTE! LOVE that little gal in purple--perfect sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!!!