Sunday 26 July 2009

Three days off, blogging, card making and a huge smile on my face


I have had the best weekend. The first time in three weeks I haven't been on call so on Friday I had a few drinks (suffered it for it later on), yesterday I went window shopping and scrapbook shopping with my friends which was a great day out with the girls. Today I stayed home relaxed and got a card done combining six challenges, was going to try and combine more but didn't get there.

A simple card with which I focused on the colours and the main image being the elephant. Another card I made for a friend in mind who loves elephant's. She has been the best friend of late and I think she might like getting this thankyou card.






The six challenges I have combined are-


Three Clovers Designs, Bling- for this challenge I had to combine bling on my card, I added bling to the scalloped circle around the sentiment.
http://threecloversdesigns.blogspot.com/

Paper Blooms,Animal fun-for this challenge had to have an animal as the focal point of the project. I used a picture of an elephant which was also one of the colours for the SPCC challenge for this week.
http://paperblooms.blogspot.com/

SPCC colour combo 7- another great colour combo, I tried to match the colours the best I could. If you look closely on the bow there is a row of three spots which are the colours we were meant to use this week.
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com/

Kaboodle doodles, buttons and bows-My second entry for this great challenge. I didn't realize how much I used buttons and bows in my creations. The ribbon and buttons on the right side seemed to go perfectly with the card. The ribbon even had the colours I needed for SPCC. http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.com/

Prairie paper and Ink, AmyRS5 sketch- I really enjoyed basing my card on this sketch. It was very easy to work with and allowed me to include everything I wanted in the card. http://prairiepaperandink.typepad.com/amyr/

Dutch dare card challenges,using dies- The scalloped circle and the circle with in has been cut using my cuttlebug.
http://www.dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.com/

Another thing I would like to include about this card is the cardstock is packaging from my Canon photo paper pack. Trying to recycle as much as possible in my creations. Lots of fun making this card. Thanks for looking

25 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

What a wonderful card,
lovely colours,
thank you for joining us at Kaboodles,
hope you come back tomorrow for the next challenge as well,
Hugs
Angie
DT Kaboodles

thescrapmaster said...

Great card, Susan! Boy oh boy you ARE a challenge junkie indeed! LOL I too happen to love elephants so I really love your card this week!! Great work! You always impress me, girl!!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator

raindropecho said...

This is such a cute card! Love that sweet ribbon :) Thanks for sharing this one too!
- Ann @ Kaboodle Doodles

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Great card!!! I love that elephant. He is tooo cute!

coldwaters2 said...

It is one fabulous card and just love that colour combo and the design and well done for getting it to work for all those challenges...awesome.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Super card - thanks for taking part in the Kaboodle challenge.

Susan said...

Wow! You did an amazing job of combining SIX challenges! I love the accents around the circled thanks!

CreativeMe68 said...

I love it!!! The elephant looks so happy!!! Love the colour combo...

So glad that you had a great weekend, as did I! It was both my kids bdays last week and we celebrated in Airlie Beach!!! Luv Shaz xoxo

Daniella said...

Wow! You did a lot of challenges!! Thanks for playing along this week!
Danielle SP Diva

Stephanie said...

Susan--this is such a great card! Love the elephant! Great job with all these challenges! Going to have to start incorporating more into mine! :)

heidi said...

Holy cow, Susan!! You are the challenge queen! What a great card!

Heidi SP Diva

~kelly marie~ said...

This is the cutest card!! I just love how you did the sentiment! I also can't believe how many challenges you combined! Incredible!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

How cute! I love the little elephant. Its a great card.

Leah said...

Wonderful card, love the elephant! Thanks for joining Paper Blooms:)

Emily said...

So Sweet!

Emily-SP Diva

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! Great take on all of the challenges.

Thanks for playing along this week at SPCC.

Melisa- SP Diva

Cristina said...

You did an awesome job with this card...love the elephant..so cute!!

Craftastic Life said...

OMG too cute!! I love that it's so playful!
Kristin - SP Diva

savvy teaching tips said...

Amazing!

Stacy Milford said...

super cute card!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

So cool! What awesome card elements.

:-)

Unknown said...

Lovely card. I like the colors you used and the image of the elephant.
Thank you for joining DDCC this week.
xx Monica

Sue Plumb said...

That card is just too cute! (I love elephants too.) You are such a clever girl combining all those challenges and coming out with such a gorgeous result - well done, love it!

Rachel said...

this is such a cute card!!
hugs,
Rachel

trixi b said...

Great card Susan! x
-Trix