Monday 8 June 2009

Getting back to basics


this is the LO I did for week 6 of the thirty weeks to Christmas challenge. For this LO we had to get back to basics and create our own embellishments and paper. I designed my own paper using a chalking technique, the flowers have been coloured in with crayon and punched out and for the title I stamped plain paper and printed the title over it, stuck this on Chipboard to make it stand out. I really enjoyed the challenge of making my own embellishments and putting this LO together. The photo featured in this LO is one of my favourite photo's of my Aunt Phyllis in Bangalore, India, think it was taken in the early 1950's . This LO was also chosen as the LO of the day over at Scrapbooking Top 50. Another piece of good news is that I won the May chipboard challenge organized by Scrapbooking Top 50, I wasn't going to enter the comp and I am very glad that I did, its a LO I posted earlier called "Cambodia', looking forward to my prize. Lots of ideas of things to scrap, just have to make the time.

No comments: