Sunday 28 June 2009

A little bit of this and that

My blog is back to normal and looking just the way I want it, a few more alterations yet to be done. This would never have been possible without my husband's help, he has done an amazing job, he has gone used to me constantly bugging him to update things, I am slowly learning as well but definitely have a long way to go.
I can't believe how quickly my five days off has gone. I have got a fair bit done but have to admit I have mainly been following the news reports about Michael Jackson and listening to his music, I really can't believe this absolute legend is no longer with us, his music will always live on though, there will never ever be another Michael Jackson. I have so many happy memories of growing up with his music, his music has always made me feel happy. My two favourite memories related to Michael would have to be going to Venture's (does anyone remember this store?) with my dad to buy my very first cassette of Thriller, I listened to that cassette over and over again. I also danced to Thriller at our yearly concert in primary school, we all dressed up as skeletons and had so much fun. I somehow managed to fall off stage which made me realize I would never be part of MJ's dance troop :(


I am posting this week's submission for week 9 for the thirty weeks to christmas challenge over at Scrapbooking Top 50. For this challenge we had to do a LO where the edges of the page was dressed up. I decorated the outer edge of my page with rub-ons and stitching on buttons. On the inside edge I used journalling as part of the border and added scalloped ribbon to finish the border off. The photo featured n the LO is of my cousin's place in Baltimore, USA. I really enjoyed my time there last year in June and hope to go back there one day, if they have me :)

4 comments:

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

hi hun! Thanks for your kind words.Loving your blog and that lo is so fab! I heart the colors.TFS!

Kristine said...

Hi Suz!! :) WOW...your blog is very uplifting! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower!! I'm also going to start following your. I LOVE all your scrap pages--I really need to get back into scrapping, but am stuck on this card journey and am loving it, so it has taken over my life, LOL.

Your page is so bright and cheery--love the photo, your DP and sentiments. Love your music too. That was such a shocker to learn of MJ's passing. Eeeks, you feel off the stage?!! lol OUCH! My sister and niece were talking about the Thriller dance and how it goes--said it was really COOL. I have yet to see it :( Anyway, just wanted to pop on here and say HELLO!!! :) Inky Hugs xXx

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

hi suz,

thanks for the lovely comment on my blog and for becoming a follower, that was sweet of you. I love that layout -really fabby colours :D I've started following your blog too so I will be back :D

hugs xx

Vanessa Middleton said...

Awww, I really like your layout. It's really cute! I love the background paper, they must sell different stuff "down under". I wonder if that's too far for me to go shopping! LOL I have to get back into scrapping. Making cards is so much quicker and less thought consuming... well, at least MY cards are! hehe