Thursday 23 April 2009

Africa Dreaming





I have been meaning to scrapbook these photo's for over 12 years and at last its happened, better late than never :). I also got to use my Eco Africa embellishments that I have also had for quite a long time and I am very excited to finally use them. I did the LO by following Anna's craft cupboard April sketch which was perfect for this photo as the torn edge of the paper goes perfectly with the African rustic theme I am trying to achieve. The zig zag pattern stitched on is often seen in African design. I have used colour's that are reminiscent of Africa and I printed the title on a clear adhesive label so that the background can still be seen. As a finishing touch I added a quote by Nelson Mandella which I thought was perfect for the page especially since the photo's were taken in South Africa. I am really happy with the way this LO turned out and might have a go at scrapbooking some more photo's of my holiday in South Africa.

1 comment:

Sheree said...

Hi Susan! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! You've done a fantastic job scrapping your African photos... the embellishments are just perfect!

Sheree xx