Monday 5 May 2014

My love/hate relationship with glitter



I have always had a love/hate relationship with glitter. When I was in school  I used glitter on an assingment and the bottle of glitter fell down and let's just say that it was shiny absolutely everywhere. My poor mum had a horrible time cleaning up the mess I had made. I have tried to stay away from glitter ever since that crafting disaster but have had to give in sometimes and use it as glitter makes the world a better place and always adds so much pizzazz to any project.

For this card I traced out three balloons from a stencil that I have probably had from my school days, I then fussy cut the balloons. I printed three lines  and the sentiment using cocktail font on white cardstock.I only printed the outline of the letters and coloured in "Happy Birthday" using my silver posca texta. I stuck down the green and red balloon directly to the cardstock and the middle balloon has been stuck to the card using self adhesive foam. I lastly  added the Say it in crystals by prima self-adhesive embellishments to add even more sparkle.
 

CAS-ual Fridays-Three thirds
Word Art Wednesday-Anything goes
Craftitude-Anything goes
Milk coffee Challenge-Bright colours
Artistic Inspirations-Anything goes
Catch the bug challenge blog-Anything goes
Crafting at the weekend-Anything goes
Crafting by designs-Anything goes
Crafting from the heart-Anything goes
Crafts galore encore challenge-Anything goes
Crafty sentiments designs-Anything goes
Ditzie digi design-Anything goes

I encourage you to check out all the challenges I have entered and join in the fun and please don't hesitate to tell me about any challenges you think I might be interested in :)



20 comments:

Somdeepa Das said...

Awesome experiment with glitter. Keep rockin'.

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Great card, Susan and love the glitter balloons. I agree that glitter is messy but sometimes you just have to use it. Thank you for sharing with us.
Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Gemma said...

Great card in love the balloons.
Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes challenge #5
Gemma xx

Gail said...

I love your glitter card! It is a beautiful -you have come a long way with glitter - but I totally understand about using it - I like glitter paper and I have some glitter tubes and use them - but me and glitter are not compatible! Have a blessed day!

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

Kandy's Krafts said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting at the Weekend challenge.

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. I love using glitter, but do hate that it gets everywhere.

happyscrapper said...

This is a wonderful CAS card. The glitter balloons are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
Hugs,
Christine DT at Crafty Sentiments

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining in at Crafting from the Heart and good luck x

Mikha Adriani said...

Beautiful CAS card!
Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Sentiments. We're having new challenge starting soon. Wish to see you there too!
Mikha x

Ardyth said...

Clean, graphic and sparkly - 3 of my favourite things! So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karon said...

Fabulous card - love the balloons! TFS

Carla S. said...

Fab CAS creation! Love the glittery balloons! Thanks for joining in on the Ditzie Digi Design challenge!

anja curvers said...

Beautiful card thanks for joining us over at Cas on sunday.

Jen Leeflang said...

Great sparkle! Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog. We're looking forward to seeing your lovely creations again soon! Good luck in the draw.
luv
Jen Leeflang, BUGABOO DT

Min said...

Thanks so much for playin’ along with the Bugaboo Stamps team for the The Anything Goes Challenge!
Don’t forget to check out The Bug Blog for our new Challenge that starts today! We hope you’ll join the fun!!!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
Kaymin Kreations

Virgo5 said...

Fabulous CAS card, I love the glittery balloons! Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug!

Crafty Humphreys said...

Wonderful classy card. Love the colours and glitter. Thanks for joining us at the Artistic Inspiration Challenge. Suz xxx

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so cheerful and perfect for a fun birthday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

itsallrosi said...

I'm glad you decided to try it again, the glitter really looks great!

Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!