Sunday 4 March 2012

It's too early to get the winter blues




I can't believe that summer is over in Sydney, not that we really had a summer, we were wearing cardigans all through what was meant to be summer and it also didn't stop raining, I feel totally ripped off :(. I got the inspiration for this card from the rainy weather, at least I was able to be influenced in a positive way.

This card certainly wasn't my typical quick card but  I have to admit I am happy with the result and feel it was worth the time I spent making it. For this card I printed the sentiment using "Before the rain" font directly onto the sky blue paper. I then stuck the paper onto the card stock and cut out the window. For the clear accent in the middle I wanted it to resemble rain drops, I at first started dabbing on the  rain drops with dimensional magic but it didn't work. I then decided to emboss the acetate using my cuttle bug and was really happy with the result. I cut the acetate into a square and stuck it  on the inside cover of the card. I then printed the first umbrella and paper pierced it on the outside of the card. I then rotated the umbrella image and printed it on the backing paper of the inside of the card. I added navy blue ribbon to form a frame and lastly cut out a few clouds and stuck to the card so they went over the edge.

My husband and I are busily finishing mass booklets etc for my friends wedding which is on Friday of next week, it's hard work but a challenge we are enjoying, I am also looking forward to finishing off  the 100 or so booklets and name cards, will have to work hard over the next few days it get it done.

The Challenges I have included-
Young Crafters unite-Clear cards
Make it Monday-Anything goes in the linking party

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and thanks so much for visiting.

5 comments:

Martha said...

What a fab card!! So sorry to hear that summer wasn't what it suppost to be!!
Hugs,
Martha

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, I just love your card.

Unknown said...

Such a cute card! Love those fluffy clouds! Sorry to hear summer is over there, spring is supposed to have sprung here in the UK but surprise surprise it's raining lol! Popped over from MIM!
Nat -x-

Rae said...

Love it!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Susan! Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)