Wednesday, 28 July 2010

A Special card for a Special Friend

My good friend Meg is celebrating her 70th Birthday this Saturday. I was given the job to make her group Birthday card. Meg is an art collector and loves anything with an Oriental design so hopefully she will like this card. I hope its big enough for everyone to sign, I will get everyone to write really small :). I made this card using a free template that I downloaded sometime ago, I have had it for ages and so happy that I have atlast got to use it, I knew it would come in handy one day. I added the text and  printed the lanterns on three different papers that I cut out and stuck onto the background . The pink lantern has been stuck down with dimensional foam squares to make the lantern stand out. I will definitely be using this template again with different colours etc.

This is another card that was inspired by the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger DANCING LANTERNS. I was mainly inspired by the brightly coloured lanterns and like the photo I kept the background uncomplicated (the inspiration photo is in the last post). As I said before I love lanterns and so happy that I was able to take part in this challenge again, can't get enough a good thing. This is  also a card that I made for the Moxie Fab card style challenge CLASSY AND ELEGANT. I am also including this in the BIRTHDAY CARD  challenge over at Caardvarks.

4 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous. I think your friend will love it. TFS.

Tifany said...

Beautiful!

Cath said...

Hey Susan! Another fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks again for playing along! :)

Cath said...

Hey Susan! Thanks also for entering the Let's Do Classy & Elegant Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)