Friday 28 May 2010

Mixing it up

This is a card I made for one of my closest friends, Yvonne. She is one of those people who loves handmade things and has always supported me with my crafting addiction. I feel bad that I didn't get to make an envelope for the card but she forgave me :)

My sewing machine is not working at the moment and so I have added some faux rub-on stitching (rub-ons always come to my rescue). I cut out all the flowers and added dimension by placing on foam tape. I find that I am using more and more patterned papers as a design element in my cards, I find it an inexpensive and effective way to decorate a card.


The challenges I have included
3 Patterned Papers-Some Odd Girl

Use your patterned paper-Papertry Pals
As you like it-Whoopsi Daisy Challenge
Say it with flowers-Papertake weekly challenge

9 comments:

Martha said...

Fabulous card!! Love the colourcombo :)

Kim Sonksen said...

Awww what a lovely friend you are! I m not surprised Yvonne loved this card - the colour combo is fab

Thanks for playing along with us over at Some Odd Girl

pinky said...

Just loving these blossom cards, so pretty. Thanks for sharing at WhoopsiDaisy.
Pinky

Leah l'Orange said...

love it, Susan! and no wonder she didn't mind the lack of envelope, 'cuz when the card's so pretty, there's no need to hide it away! :)

thanks for playing along at Some Odd Girl! xo

Nadine said...

Just fabulous! I don't know why I never think about cutting the flower image out of my pp, I keep thinking I have to use the whole thing. Im definitely gonna give this a try next time. Thank you so much for sharing, you've got me inspired!!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful. Thanks for playing with the Odd Girls.

Jaspere said...

This is lovely. I especially like the cut out flowers. Thanks for joining in on the Some Odd Girl challenge.

Robin McK said...

I love the elegant layout of this card! Great submission for the Some Odd Girl challenge!

Pauline said...

Hi Suz.... I love this! The whole thing appeals to me... the 'country' check, the flowers, the colour.... love it! I 'm sure Yvonne did too!
I hope you're well... I've been thinking of you...
hugs,
Pauline