Saturday, 14 January 2012

Trying a new technique is always so much fun

Case Study Photo 



Taking part in the Case Study challenge this week has made me try a new technique that I absolutely love. I have been wanting to try negative cutting for sometime but I am really lazy to use my cricut to cut out different shapes, sounds pathetic I know but I might start using it after I tidy up my craft room, at the moment I don't want to add to the mess. I made these cards using my large flower punch that I have at last found in my messy craft room. I  punched out the flowers randomly and added the white cardstock to the card with dimensional self adhesive squares to add dimension to the card.The sentiments are rub-on's that I think go really well on these simple cards. These cards were really inexpensive to make and once I got the hang of the technique was able to whip these cards up really quickly.

The Challenges I have included-
Case Study Challenge #73-Case Study
Punches Challenge-Moxie Fab World
Anyway, I am now off to the Sydney festival which for the first time is playing a prominent part in my local suburb. I hope it stops raining as most of the activities are outside.

13 comments:

Martha said...

This is so beautiful!!

Teresa Kline said...

these are super cute, luv the flower and patterned paper!

enjoy *~*

Rhonda Miller said...

These are all so great. I love how you did the die cuts. TFS.

Emily Keaton said...

This is really cute! Love the negatives. :)

Dayna Sabrina said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love the way you have creatively used the negative image on different parts of the image. Thanks so much for sharing!

Tenia Nelson said...

What awesome cards dearie!!

Antonella said...

These cards are beautiful! I love the technique and how you used it here! Hugs, antonella :-)

Michelle said...

Wow! These are gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Very pretty love the colors you chose as well as the sentiments!

Jenny said...

Just fabulous Suze, I just love using the die-cut apertures myself and these look amazing....so colourful :)
Jenny x

Debby said...

Wonderful use of negative die cutting. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Michele Gross said...

Really cool card!!

Jean Martin said...

These are so cool! I love the clean design! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)