Saturday, 28 January 2012

love love and more love

Case Study inspiration photo

All you need is love, Paper Issues




I don't know if I am happy with this card but I had fun making it and so decided to post it. It's not intentional that all the cards I am making of late is to do with love. I guess I am getting ready for Valentine's day, my friends usually ask me for cards for Feb the 14th and this year they will have plenty to choose from. 

For this card the main image including the sentiment, little birds and heart were computer generated. I drew on the lines with a ruler and the hugs and kisses is a rub-on. I kept the card simple as in the original inspiration photo, I only added a piece of twine to finish the card off, originally I had one more piece of twine but thought it made the card look too crowded.

Yesterday was Australia day and I have to say that it was the best Australia day I have ever had. The pop up shop that I volunteer in was nominated for a community award and as part of that we had to attend an Australia day ceremony, we didn't win but it was great being nominated, gave us all a sense of pride and achievement and I think this was especially important for my friends who started up the shop. We also got to meet a lot of the deserving winners who were of many ethnic backgrounds, it made me feel that everyone belongs in Australia and can make a go of it here. In the evening we got to watch a very enjoyable Australia day concert and finished off the evening with fireworks which were absolutely beautiful. 



My Quirk-ability pop-up friends, husband  and I at the Australia day ceremony

Hope everyone has a nice weekend planned, I have to do some urgent house work tomorrow, I will try and do it in the morning and go out in the afternoon, let's see what happens.

The challenges I have included-
CASE Study-#75
Paper issues-All we need is love
Anything goes in the linking party-Make it Mondays
Anything goes in the linking party-Passionately Artistic

Thanks so much for visiting and have a lovely weekend :)

11 comments:

Rene said...

Absolutely adorable! Love it! Thank you so much for linking up at MIM and remember, to be in the running to win second prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
Rene :D

Martha said...

Wow, beautiful, such a fab and clean card!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. TFS.

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous, love the bird stamp, and the colours you used.

Cat's sCrap said...

Fabulous card. Interesting layout. Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Jennifer said...

I love this whole entire card!!! What a catchy image from the thumbnail. I had to peek...so glad I did. Love your blog : )

Teresa Kline said...

this is an awesome card...luv your style, it is a pleasure to see your creations at the CASE Study every week. Hop you have a fantastic week!

enjoy *~*

Suzanne Russell said...

I think this is my favorite of all the submissions at CASE Study #75! So lively and colorful but still very CAS.

Aimes said...

What a super sweet card - those birdies are adorable!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I don't know why you're not sure about this card - I think it's awesome!! Thanks for playing the CASE Study this week :)

Jill said...

Love your card! Smiles, Jill