Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Atlast I got to play along with these great challenges

I just loved this colour combo and knew I had to play along again at the Play Date Cafe. I have to admit I tried several ideas that I just wasn't happy with. I think that my very difficult day at work yesterday inspired me to make this card. I wasn't going to let a few horrible customers ruin my day and so when I came home I made this card.

I stamped the chipboard biycle with a dark pink stamp pad. The little basked on the bike has been stamped a deep yellow on which I put dimensional magic to make the basket stand out and I added small purple flowers to the basket. The sentiment has been done using open office on which I used fontwork tool to put the text in a curve, I only just came across this tool by chance and its really easy to use so will be working with it some more for future projects.

The Challenges I have included-
The Play Date Cafe-PDCC73



I just loved the inspiration card over at CASE Study. I was attracted by the summery feel and brightness of the card. I was going to copy the card closely but as I started making the card it took on a different look to what I initially invisaged.

I handcut the waves and embossed them using my cuttlebug. I did a simple design of the sailing  boat and cut out the image. I have used my favourite dimensional foam on parts of the card to make the different elements stand out (unfortunately you can see some of the foam being a side on photo)

The Challenges I have included-
CASE Study Challenge Blog-Challenge #31
Paperplay Challenges-Embossing





The last card I made was for the button, button Tuesday Trigger challenge over at Moxie Fab. I was inspired by the cluster of buttons sewn on in rows on the cardstock, it's amazing how something so simple can so so lovely. 


I purchased a whole lot of chipboard squares at the craft show, for this card I covered th squares with patterned paper. I drew the stems onto the squares and stuck on the clear buttons. I have made this card for a good friend of mine, I hope she likes it.

Anyway, It's been so much fun making all these cards. I am also happy that my whole day wasn't ruined due to the nasty customers that I had to deal with yesterday.

My husband is still working on revamping my blog, its definitely a work in progress that will get there in the end.

13 comments:

Smita said...

Lovely cards! Especially like the last one... chipboard squares? Wow! sounds like a very versatile embellishment to have! :)

Hugs,
Smita

Fiona said...

Susan this is such a fun and inspiring card! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

cg said...

Beautiful! Way to deal with a hard day.
You embossed the waves on your cricut?!

cg said...

Thanks for your comment! Ah, I really really want a cuttlebug! I did try embossing with my Cricut once, by turning the needle upside down...It work kinda okay, but it dulled the knife part of the needle.
Also, I want to say that customer service has to be one of the most stressful jobs. People just don't think about what they say! At least you get some gorgeous cards out of it :)

Emily Keaton said...

What gorgeous challenge entries, Susan! I especially like that bicycle card. :)

Lada said...

Beautiful card, Susan! Especially like with bicycle.It is difficult to rise uphill but so it is easy to climb down a mountain then:))) Forget about bad clients! It is much more good people:) Have a good week)

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these cards are all so great. I just love the bike and the sail boats. TFS.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Great cards, Susan! I like the CASE Study entry best :) Thanks for playing!

Jinny Newlin said...

Wow! You've been busy! LOVE the way you made your sentiment the road in our take and your perfect, little basket filled with purple blossoms! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

Karen said...

WOW So awesome I love all your cards!! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Paper Play
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Céline said...

gorgeous card
thanks for playing with us at Paperplay this week
hugs
céline Paperplay DT

Michele Gross said...

Great CAS card! LOVE that bike and the flowers in the basket are adorable!! Happy you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a great combo of creations shared today! LOVE that first one--so clever that the bike is riding on the words! LOVE! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:}