Saturday, 11 September 2010

Seeking inspiration at Case Study challenge blog


As soon as I saw this card  made by Mariana Grigsby I just had to play along with the challenge at
CASE STUDY. I was inspired by the the actual layout, the butterflies and the swirly stems of the flowers, the only thing I did differently  with the layout was put the ribbon at the top. I was going to emboss the background velvet paper but was too scared to experiment with embossing on my new velvet paper. The main image is a rub-on that I have had for a long time and finally got to use, always happy when I am able to use part of my old stash.

I have temporarily lost the modem for our internet service and have borrowed my parents modem but tomorrow I will have to give there's back to them. I am going to be without the internet for a while unless I find the modem, it has to be in the house somewhere.

Hope all you lovely people have have a good weekend and get plenty of crafting done. My best friend is staying with me this weekend so I probably won't get a chance to make another card, we are planning a day of shopping and hanging out tomorrow which I am thoroughly looking forward to.

10 comments:

chris said...

They are both so gorgeous.
love them loads.
hugs chris xx

Rhonda Miller said...

Gorgeous.

Martha said...

Wow, beautiful cards!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Very pretty Susan, love those flourishes and what a wonderfully CASEd card! Colors are awesome as well as that gorgeous velvet paper! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!
(I don't blame you for not wanting to crush that fabby paper, I'd be scared as well to ruin it!)

Aimes said...

What a gorgeous take on the CASE study! Love those swirls and butterflies!
Thanks so much for taking part in this week's CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Leanne said...

Like both the cards, the red one in particular is very attractive.-Lea

Emily Leiphart said...

Both these cards are top notch! I really love the top one - blue and orange is a favourite combination of mine! Please stop by my blog when you have a moment - I have a little something for you. :)

Sue Kohler said...

I love the elements you have taken from Mariana's card! Your flourish and ribbon are stunning. Thank you for taking the time to join us at CASE study this week! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Terrific card, Susan! The colours that you chose look awesome together :) Thanks so much for playing with us this week! xxx

Smita said...

Wow!! The velvet paper looks yummy.... super take on the card. Love the rub on too.

Hugs,
Smita