Sunday, 26 September 2010

Butterflies can be used on just about any type of card

My interpretation of the beautiful card below
My MIL asked me to make an Engagement card for her nephew the other day. She very rarely asks me to make cards so the pressure was on to try and do a good job. I absolutely loved this card which is a card made by Mariana Grigsby and is the inspiration photo this week for the challenge over at CASE Study. I was mainly inspired by the beautiful large butterfly and the general LO. I downloaded the free template of the butterfly and so happy that I found it as I now have this versatile butterfly shape  to work with.  Anyway I have got a really bad cold so will make this post short. Have a great week everyone :)

10 comments:

chris said...

This is great, love your interpretation. hugs chris xx

Rhonda Miller said...

These cards are so great. I love the sentiment on the first one. TFS.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a lovely card, Susan! I hope your cold will end soon :) Thanks so much for playing! xxx

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!! Also thanks for the award as well!!! Hope you are well.....

Aimes said...

Great card and fabulous colours! Here's wishing that cold goes away soon!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Lovely cards Sue!! TFS - Hugs always!G

Leanne said...

Those are beautiful butterfly cards. I love butterflies too. Hope you recover soon. I just recovered from flu.

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous colors and I love how you used 2 different types of dp for the butterfly...it's so striking! Paired with that great background paper and that fabulous border punch and you've got yourself a stunning card! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Sue Kohler said...

this is marvellous Susan and what a beautiful sentiment to share! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE study! :)

Smita said...

Lovely cards.. the butterflies (though not really my favorites) are gorgeous.